Monday, July 16, 2012

The Past Few Days...

Sandija always watches me decorate the serving plate with fruit, so she tried her hand at it and did a really great job!  She even sprinkled cinnamon on all the apples like Mama does.  :)

First trip to the ice cream parlor in town!  Grandparents sent money for an ice cream treat, so we splurged with chocolate-dipped waffle cones and everything!

She wanted Mama to sit next to her.

Then she offered me a bite of her ice cream and about jabbed it through the roof of my mouth.  This photo caught it at the moment of impact.  We all laughed!

I have always tried to do little special things for my children to let them know that I love them.  One of their favorite things is for me to bring them some tea or lemonade during their bath time.  My oldest daughter wanted to bless Sandija with a treat, so she asked me if I'd make some hot tea (which Sandija loves), while my daughter got a warm bubble bath ready for her.  She sprinkled some cute cute cute little "bath confetti" into the bath water, and I put the hot tea, a small treat and a note next to the tub.

Click to enlarge to see the bath confetti.  :)

We called Sandija and told her we had a surprise for her, and she was really amazed and so happy.  She look a long bubble bath!

And here is a bit of sweetness...2 treasures from 2 different continents hugging on each other in America.  Only God could do this!  My cup overflows...

Really...does it possibly get any sweeter than this??

We have had a somewhat rough and rocky hosting experience, but God has been faithful to carry us.  And we have begun to understand some of the "why" behind the difficult behaviors.  That's another story for another day.  In the meantime, I thought you'd enjoy these photos from the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment