Friday, April 30, 2010

The Quiet Place

When I want to be completely alone with my Heavenly Father, this is one of my very favorite spots...the front porch swing. I can hear the wind through the many trees, the variety of birds' songs, and the crunching of leaves under the feet of tiny critters running through the woods. This is part of who I am, and I soak it in. But mostly, I find such clarity in my spirit out there in the quiet air.

This first picture was taken one day when I was having a rough time. A sweet friend gave me a biscotti, and I took a 20-minute break to have some hot tea, some Scriptures and my treat.


There's nothing as deeply refreshing as a word from God when I really need it.


And this morning, I shared my favorite quiet spot with one of my children. This is my child whom I call "a balm to my soul." He woke up before everyone else today and came downstairs to ask if he and I could do our Bible time side-by-side on the front porch. This was such a beautiful impromptu time together. He wanted to read I Corinthians 13 about love. Really, what more could a Mama want?


No matter what happens today (and no matter how good or bad of a day it is), deep inside my spirit will be this treasured time in our quiet place.

No comments:

Post a Comment